Our student numbers have grown significantly in the last few years and our priority is to provide high quality education to all our students.
The area of Learning and Teaching in the Faculty is headed by the Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching), Dr. Bibhya Sharma
The University Quality Strategy guides the processes and activities that ensure a quality learning environment for our students.
The delivery of teaching in the Faculty is becoming increasingly flexible in an attempt to allow more students to take advantage of our offerings to the region.
In the area of Learning & Teaching, our objectives are to:
1. Prepare a Learning and Teaching Plan for the Faculty which will guide us to achieving our aims for better learning and teaching.
2. Address student feedback from student questionnaires each semester and improve on the concerns
3. Encourage and facilitate the training of teaching staff
4. Carry out annual subject reviews
5. Share best teaching practices within the university closely monitor Faculty quality matters
Each School has a Learning and Teaching representative who is available to discuss any related issues with both staff and students with the aim to resolve them. Staff are encouraged to see these reps in their relevant Schools.
The Faculty Staff:Student Liaison Committee is active and deals with student issues (related to their studies). Students are encouraged to participate in the discussions of this committee and benefit from the assistance available from dedicated staff on this committee. The meetings for this committee will be widely advertised, so students will be well aware of them.
Students are encouraged to see them (or the Associate Dean) if they need advice on academic matters.